Finding the Rabbit
Saturday, November 04, 2006
 
About a month ago, I came up with the idea of hooking my CE15 class up with pen pals in America. Jennifer was very excited, and the idea quickly expanded to include my Saturday reading and writing class, as well as a few individuals who aren’t in any group classes. I tried to contact the few teachers I know in America to set this up, but nobody responded. Then I tried my own school in Michigan, which is K-12 and which I had attended in high school. No one responded to my emails there either, but my mom went over there in person and was able to connect with some of the middle school faculty. And it worked - there are now 18 fifth and sixth graders in Michigan ready for pen pals in Taiwan, and I have about eighteen 9-12 year olds in Taiwan ready for pen pals in America! Nothing has happened yet, but I hope in the next week or so we can match them up and get them started on writing their letters.
 




<< Home
There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign. - Robert Louis Stevenson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Keelung, United States
ARCHIVES
November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 /


  • Dual Citizenship
  • Lovelesscynic
  • Strange Laowai
  • Taione
  • Powered by Blogger