Finding the Rabbit
Saturday, November 04, 2006
 
MY FAMILY’S VISIT
In mid-October, my sister, Heidi, her husband, Jon, and my father, Randy, came and spent a week with me in Taiwan. Not only was it wonderful to see them again, but I had some instant travel-buddies, which allowed me to go places on the island that I hadn’t been to yet, didn’t feel like visiting alone, and couldn’t see otherwise because everyone else I know had to work. They flew in late Saturday night, had a short night’s rest in Keelung, and then I booted them back onto a train early Sunday morning, which we rode for three hours down to the city of Hualien, on the east coast of Taiwan. Hualien and neighboring Taroko Gorge National Park are in what is arguably the most beautiful part of the island, a place that I’d been wanting to visit since before I even got here. Well, one year later, I finally made it. (When I got back to Keelung, I asked Jennifer if she’d consider moving her school down there, but of course she said no. Some silly excuse about making money, I don’t know.)
 




<< Home
There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign. - Robert Louis Stevenson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Keelung, United States
ARCHIVES
November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 /


  • Dual Citizenship
  • Lovelesscynic
  • Strange Laowai
  • Taione
  • Powered by Blogger