Finding the Rabbit
Friday, February 16, 2007
 
FAREWELLS
Well, I did it. Yesterday was my last day at Shane. Eighteen months of living and teaching in Taiwan is nearly completed. I started telling my classes that I was leaving a few weeks ago so they’d be ready when Neil came. I’ve received many wonderful gifts from my students and their parents, too. A glass candle-holder, a very Chinese-styled butterfly that’s supposed to hang from your rear-view mirror for good luck, rosary beads, a very nice journal from Nicole, a coffee mug with an image of the town of Jiufen on it, and several handmade cards. When you’re feeling down or lonely, maybe you just need a class full of elementary school kids. That, or puppies. They’ll restore your faith in pure, unconditional devotion real fast.
 




<< Home
There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign. - Robert Louis Stevenson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Keelung, United States
ARCHIVES
November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 /


  • Dual Citizenship
  • Lovelesscynic
  • Strange Laowai
  • Taione
  • Powered by Blogger