Finding the Rabbit
Thursday, March 01, 2007
 

And then I was off. These were my last good-byes in Taiwan, and easily the most difficult, including those who’d been at my apartment that morning to see me off – Nicole, Eva, Jeremiah, and my housemates Matt and Neil. There were so many more beyond them too, people from all over the world who I may never see again in person, but all of whom have contributed something to the person I have become. Taiwan itself has left its mark on me, most obviously in the form of a scar on my right foot, but also in the sum of all my experiences, memories, and awareness.

I flew to Tokyo, Chicago and Detroit without much problem. I missed my connection in Chicago because going through US customs there took too long and there was a winter storm coming in, but otherwise it was smooth and eventless. And this concludes my blog. There may not be a rabbit bridge in Keelung, but the rabbit has been found nonetheless. Onto bigger things now. Maybe I’ll look for a dog next, or a horse. Thanks for sticking with me and my rambling for the past eighteen months, and I’ll see you soon.

Heather

 




<< Home
There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign. - Robert Louis Stevenson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Keelung, United States
ARCHIVES
November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 /


  • Dual Citizenship
  • Lovelesscynic
  • Strange Laowai
  • Taione
  • Powered by Blogger